Okocat Litter Review
Okocat Natural Pine Cat Litter is Superior for Cats and Owners
There are many reasons Okocat Cat Litter is superior to other litters. You can even get it delivered to your door with Chewy! If you want to know why Okocat is healthier, cleaner, lighter, biodegradable, antibacterial and more effective than other litters, then this Okocat Litter review is for you.
The most common cat litters are made of clay, contain silica dust and often have chemical additives for fragrance. These litters are found in every store but they have some major downsides.
For the human, clay litters are:
- Heavy to lift
- Leave messy, little granules everywhere
- Don’t always control odor well depending on what additives are included.
- Often dusty which is bad to breathe containing silica and chemical fragrances
- Very messy to clean up the box when clay get wet and sticky
For the cat, clay litters are:
- Dusty and can cause irritation when breathed in, contain silica dust and sodium bentonite
- If paws are wet clay litter forms glue in the fur that is hard to get out. Cats then have to try to lick it off forcing them to ingest the clay and chemical additives.
- Bad at controlling odor without harsh chemical fragrances.
Many alternative litters exist, but they have downsides as well:
- Litter made from corn and wheat attract bugs which can live in them! I have seen this!
- Corn and wheat litters do not control bacteria!
- Most alternative litters do not control odor well
- Many alternative litters are expensive
What does Okocat give you?
A variety of formulas including Original Wood Clumping, Supersoft Clumping Wood Unscented, Natural Paper Dust Free. There is a litter for every preference and need. Note, all these links are to the extra large size box. There are smaller sizes available that you can see on each page.
We use the Natural Pine litter which is made of cracked pine pellets. This kind works better than other brands of pine pellets that are not cracked first. It is also the most affordable of the Okocat litters. I cannot vouch for the other varieties since this is the only one we use at this time. It is so great we don’t really need to try the others! Here is a link to the extra large size we get since it is the most cost effective.
Okocat Natural Pine Litter is:
- Flushable when you scoop it (Don’t try to flush the whole thing at once though)
- Superior at odor control. It controls odor for 7 days.
- Absorbs 5 times it’s weight
- Controls bacteria. Kills 99.9% of bacterial growth for weeks!
- Biodegradable, natural and renewable
- Contains no silica dust or chemical fragrences that are bad to breath
All the Okocat litters have these advantages.
We have three cats and all of them like this litter. We like it because it is lightweight and easy to use, doesn’t smell of strong chemicals to control odor, is flushable, and we get it delivered to the door through Chewy! We don’t bother with the clumping types we just get the Natural Pine which works great and scoop out the solids which get flushed. The whole box can get changed when the pine pieces break down over time. We have three cats but if you only have one cat it should last several weeks.
Try a box and see what you think! Thanks for checking out this Okocat Litter review. Leave a comment below and tell me what you think of these great litters!
Thriving Cat makes use of affiliate relationships with merchants such as Chewy.com for monetization. This means when you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in a small commission that is credited to this site. This does not affect purchase price and you will not pay a penny more.
If you have any thoughts or questions please leave a comment below and I will respond.